fallen
let the stars fall down from heaven. gleaming streaks that bring me hope. I see that I was lost. but the fallen must rise to shine again
Monday, August 30, 2010
I Write (version 2)
I know what everyone's wondering, why in the world did I rewrite this whole assignment. Well I know it may seem weird to everyone else but I went through and read other blogs and found that mine was like reading some boring assignment that could put someone to sleep in three seconds. That made me think that maybee if I could succeed in making this so I wasn't telling someone a long story about my whole entire life but telling them what I want them to know about me.
Well first things first, I write, I like to write and I have ever scince I was young. In elementary school I would enthrall those young people I called classmates with interesting stories about all sorts of random stuff. I had, and still have, the awful habit of going off subject when I wrote and made that small class of elementary students burst out in to laughter. Unlike others I thought the laughter was a good thing and continued to write to make them laugh rather than stay on the subject. It took me a while to realize that the teacher didn't like it (probably because most of it was random words that didn't seem to make any sense). So to satisfy the teacher I stoped with my random stories about nothing particular.
Poetry in particular is one thing I like to read but am completely unable to write. For example just a few weeks ago I liked one of my friends very much so I wrote her a poem, to say the least it didn't turn out very well. I rarely read poetry but when I do it makes me wish I were that good and usually makes me jealous so I stop reading it.
After elementary I found writing to be more of a chore and actually nearly failed 7th grade english. I guess it was bound to happen when every thing I liked about writing was taken away and I was put to writing those dull papers about how dust is formed. I hated that writing in particular and wanted so badly to write about what I thought a cerain picture ment and made up a story about that picture. Because of the sorry state of writing I was forced to write I turned to reading. I could read 1000 pages in just under a month and read many books and wished I could just write freely like the writers of the books I read did.
It wasn't untill 9th grade that I really started writing my book. inspired by my teacher to write whatever I wanted no matter what anyone else thought and she even showed us a website that would publish books that anyone wrote. I started to write and it grew in to a story that was always changing untill it formed a great story line that just needed to be put together on paper. I have only put about two chapters together scince I started witing and more are in progress.
Well thats basically it, thats how I feel about writng without writing the story of my life. I write and I like to write and anyone who feels like they are pressed by those around them to not like writing should know that they can do whatever they want and if they like to write shoulden't be afraid to show it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment